MANUFACTURING ENGINEER - MARINE
Manson Anchors Ltd
BOWMASTER is a real Kiwi success story, it is a family owned company that genuinely values its people. Its innovative New Zealand made fabricated products are considered by many to be the best in the world.
The company is growing and has recently moved into a bigger, brighter factory to ensure it can continue to service its growing customer base. The factory is located in the Rosebank Road industrial precinct so is easy to get on and off the motorway.
The company's area of expertise is in designing and building ingenious boat anchor deployment systems for some of the largest superyachts in the world. Impressive stuff!!!
The company is seeking an experienced Senior Marine Mechanical Designer to assist with design and development activities for deployment systems, deck hardware and hull appendages. This is a permanent position based out of Bowmaster’s new Auckland facility and a competitive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.
Bowmaster and sister company Manson Anchors products are designed and fabricated to some of the highest marine quality compliance standards in the world such as LR, DNV, CE, ISO etc. A keen eye for detail is required to achieve these standards.
The role has the added advantage of tailored working hours to help avoid the traffic, plus the possibility of additional hours of work by mutual agreement.
If you wish to see photos and get a better understanding of the company's products please visit its website: www.bowmaster.co.nz
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a mechanical designer, preferably at least 5 years in a marine/boatbuilding environment.
- Advanced skill level of SolidWorks/AutoCAD
- Previous experience in the marine industry and knowledge of shipbuilding
- Ability to produce accurate 3D Parametric models and detailed manufacturing drawings
- Working knowledge of relevant design drafting standards
- Knowledge of Naval build procedures and requirements an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail is absolutely essential
- Ability to plan ahead and work to deadlines
- Self-motivated, can work well independently while still being a genuine team player
- Have a personal interest in building or fabrication, experience on the tools an significant advantage.
WHAT BOWMASTER CAN OFFER IN RETURN:
- Excellent pay rates that suit experience/skills
- Great location close to the motorway
- Beat the traffic, start early and finish early, innovative hours that work well for staff with families
- Clean & tidy factory with newly painted floors in a great location with lots of parking
- Be part of a fantastic team and a company that is growing and going places
- Work alongside a team of experienced engineers
- Wide variety of interesting and challenging work
- Rewarding, satisfying permanent position
- A genuine Kiwi company that values its people
If this sounds like you, please APPLY NOW including your CV and a cover letter that tells Bowmaster why you want this job and why you think it will be a good fit.
Please note, only applicants currently living in New Zealand with a current legal right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role.