Marine Power Systems Ltd
Marine Power Systems Ltd are seeking an experienced marine mechanic to join our team based in the idyllic Coromandel Peninsula. With a host of recreational opportunities right on your doorstep and an easy 90 min drive from the major centres of Auckland, Tauranga and Hamilton, this could be your opportunity to escape the city and further your career with a strong and professional company.
You will be a motivated motor mechanic with experience on 4 stroke Sukuki outboards and industrial/marine diesel engines. You will take pride in your work and have good interpersonal skills to help grow relationships with our clients. As a minimum, you will require the following:
- 5+ years experience with heavy diesel engines including servicing, diagnostics and repairs.
- 2+ years experience with Suzuki marine outboards including installation and servicing.
- Basic computer skills to enable ordering of parts, cost recording and service reports.
- Must hold a current drivers license.
The following attributes will be an advantage but not essential:
- Welding and basic fabrication skills
- Workshop management skills
This is a full-time position based on 42 hours between Monday - Friday. You will be based between our main Kopu workshop and Whangamata marina site.
You will be responsible for:
- Routine servicing on outboard motors and trailer boat systems.
- Maintenance and repairs on heavy diesel engines, including Steyr, Cummins, Doosan, Iveco and Perkins.
- Performing accurate diagnostics on engine systems using mechanical and electronic test equipment.
- Carrying out installation of new engines and supporting systems.
- Preparing and commissioning new equipment.
- Ordering spares and equipment as required to enable tasks to be carried out in a timely manner.
- Liasing with customers and planning service activities.
For this role, we offer a competitive hourly rate of $35/hr
We are a professional marine engineering company based in Kopu, near Thames. As the New Zealand importer for Steyr Marine engines and local dealer for Suzuki outboards, much of our work is focused on commissioning new engines, repowering vessels and providing service to our existing customers. Our clients are a relatively broad range of commercial and private vessel owners, including government agencies, fishing/aquaculture companies, boat builders and pleasure craft owners.
For the right candidate we offer a varied and interesting work schedule, competitive renumeration and further training opportunities.
If this sounds like you then we look forward to hearing from you soon.