Our marine based client is a leader in their field and has been recognised locally and internationally for their efforts to drive innovation. Forward thinking in their approach towards safety and training, they are now looking for a Health & Safety Advisor / Head Deckhand to join their team.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role offers the right candidate the opportunity to make their mark and grow their career with the growth of the business. This role plays a key part in the business’ leadership team. No two days will be the same with a blend of on-water, office-based and work from home opportunities.
This is an exciting time to join the business and have influence over reviewing its compliance, hazard, training and onboarding frameworks. As a key part of the deck team, you will lead a crew of full time and seasonal deckhands ensuring their ongoing training and certification is compliant.
You will need to have a strong ability to coach and influence across all levels of the business, be resilient, resourceful and analytical in your approach to solving problems.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Maintain compliance to regulatory and internal safety systems.
· Liaise with stakeholders to ensure appropriate procedures and processes are in place.
· Provide leadership to the company’s deck crew.
· Actively lead training opportunities and develop those within the team.
· Previous commercial maritime experience.
· Knowledge on MOSS and HSWA
· Influential, motivating, can-do attitude.
· Proactive in approach with the ability to achieve desired outcomes.
· Tertiary qualification in Health & Safety or similar is preferred.
· Current First Aid certificate or commitment to complete prior to commencing employment.
· LCQ / Duty Manager’s certificate would be of benefit.
· Full Driver’s License.
This company offers a great supportive culture and a range of additional benefits to its team including one paid day a year for you to volunteer within the community.
The company operates 365 days of the year in an operational environment. Occasional weekend work as a Duty Manager will be required with either some early starts or late finishes.
Do you have what it takes to lead a team of deckhands and influence the safety culture within a fast paced marine environment? Click the link to APPLY !
Due to the nature of work that the business is involved with a police check would be required as part of the recruitment process.
Only those currently in New Zealand with the right to work will be considered.
Manaaki Marine is a Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) Approved Recruitment & Placement Service provider supporting the commercial marine sector. For more information on Manaaki Marine and other opportunities please visit www.manaakimarine.co.nz
WHIRIA TE TANGATA
WEAVE THE PEOPLE TOGETHER
Connect today or Follow Manaaki Marine on your preferred social media platform to be the first to hear about new opportunities that we are promoting.