Marine Systems Technician
With a growing range of custom and innovative boats, an opportunity is now available within our high performing fitout team as a marine systems technician.
About the Role:
The fitout team consists of a variety of highly-skilled tradespeople, able to expertly fitout boats and deliver a first-class customer experience.
As a marine systems technician at Dickey Boats, you will be:
- Fitting and installing marine systems and electronics
- Working with and understanding ancillary marine systems (eg generators, water makers, drive lines, steering systems)
- Following and developing build procedures
- Developing and coaching apprentice boat builders
- Working within a small, successful team to deliver exceptional finished boats
Candidates will require organisational skills and demonstrate behaviours aligned with the company brand and workplace values.
Dickey Boats is looking for a hard-working, honest, respectful individual who brings enthusiasm to the company.
The following skills and experience are highly desirable:
- Internationally recognised qualification in marine systems
- Experience in marine electrical installations
- Experience in digital switching systems (eg CZone)
- Pride in your work environment, and quality workmanship
- A passion for boats and the marine environment
Specific to the marine systems technician role, the candidate will require excellent general finishing abilities and a craftsperson’s eye for detail.
Ideally you will have a background of similar work within the marine industry, however the right candidate may come from one of the following industries:
- Vehicle and/or campervan automotive electronics and equipment installation
- Aircraft electronics and equipment installation
- Advanced home or building systems installation
The right person will discover significant opportunities for growth and development. You will be working with people dedicated to quality and craftsmanship, delivering first-class vessels that exceed customer expectations.
How to Apply:
**If this role sounds like it could provide your next challenge, please apply by including a cover letter and CV. For further information, don't hesitate to contact Tris Dickey at Dickey Boats on 021 375981 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.**
About Dickey Boats:
Dickey Boats is passionate about the ocean and marine environment and delivers world-class experiences for our customers.
We are a focused, respectful group of people committed to our craft. We value the contribution of all team members to our mission of producing bespoke, award-winning vessels.