HMB Marine Electrical
If you are a Marine Electrician, or auto electrician with a passion for boats, and are looking to join a fun and supportive team we would love to talk to you.
We are one of Auckland’s leading marine electrical companies and you will be working on a variety of boats, from the “mega yacht” to the “mini”, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where no day is the same.
Based in East Auckland, we have workshops on two marinas, and service boats Auckland-wide. You will become part of a great team, with a workplace we are proud of, where people genuinely enjoy working. We have grown a skilled and motivated team of Marine Electricians, who are here for the long term. Everything we do is focused on our core values, company culture and communication. We invest in training to continually upskill our staff and we support our team to be better than the rest. To provide the best service we meet regularly to discuss jobs, workloads and how we can improve not just our customers experience but also our teams working experience. We listen to you and want your input, and believe in sharing our successes and that thanking people for their hard work is vital to having a great team. We encourage you to take responsibility for your high level of workmanship dealing directly with customers and other staff members, and there are opportunities for career progression within the company.
Here’s why working for us will be the best career move you will ever make.
We stand behind being the best place to work and these are the benefits we offer for the right person.
· Competitive salary.
· You will be out of the workshop, and working in the relaxing maritime environment.
· Exposure to a wide variety of interesting and challenging work, which will develop your skills and experience. You will not be doing the same thing every day.
· Company vehicle and phone.
· Uniform, boots, etc
· Great team environment, social events, often a beer at the end of a hard day and Friday morning teas.
· Training and upskilling opportunities.
· Job satisfaction at the end of the day.
· Paid day off on your birthday.
· We support work life balance and can accommodate flexible hours if required.
To maintain our team culture, we are careful about who we hire, so this is what we need from you: -
· A passion for boats and someone who is at home in the marine environment.
· An experienced Marine Electrician, Auto Electrician or Registered Electrician with a high level of DC knowledge, a good understanding of AC and systems commonly found on boats.
· Current practicing license an advantage.
· An ability to diagnose and troubleshoot electrical and electronic faults on boats.
· An understanding of boat systems, such as plumbing, hydraulics, propulsion and mechanical engineering.
· Experience with navigation and communication electronics is an advantage
· Ability to work un-supervised, and to run your own jobs and train apprentices.
· An ability to communicate well with clients, contractors and colleagues.
· A good work ethic, reliable, honest and trustworthy.
· Pride and ownership of your workmanship and a willingness to go that extra mile to make sure the job is ‘top notch’
· A clean and full NZ driver’s license.
· Someone who enjoys being part of a team.
· Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
If you are curious or interested, email your CV and a brief cover letter telling us why you’re the right person for the job.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If possible, please attach a photo, so we can put a face to the name (a selfie is fine)
Applications close August 30th 2022