Field Officer/ Training Advisor
Marine and Specialised Technologies Academy of NZ
Are you an organised and motivated person, looking to help support the next generation? Well, keep reading!
MAST Academy is looking to recruit a new Field Officer/Training Advisor into our experienced and friendly team. You will be working with learners and employers to help build relationships, assess learning outcomes and support the next generation of skilled trades people. This role is listed as Auckland but may be suited as a regional based role depending on the applicant and location, we would encourage all suitable applicants to apply.
About the role:
Field Officer/Training Advisor
Are you looking for a role that includes inspiring the next generation of Marine trade professionals? Are you an organised and motivated person, with Marine, Composites and Technologies associated industries experience? Well, keep reading!
MAST is a training academy with a passion for launching careers in the marine industry. We help learners and employers to skill themselves or their employees to be future-ready for a career in marine, composites and technologies. We are looking for people with enthusiasm and skills in the marine sector and a passion for assessment and training.
As a Field Officer/Training Adviser you will be working with learners and employers to help build relationships, assess learning outcomes, and support the next generation of skilled tradespeople. While this role can be Auckland based it would also suit someone from the regions. Some travel around the country may be required.
- You will have experience in the marine, composites or technologies/trades-based industry
- You will have exceptional people skills and can relate to a diverse range of people
- A passion for on-job training and you may have ITO or PTE experience in a similar role
- Being computer/IT savvy is important (Microsoft Suite & TMSLMS/CMR in particular)
- You can work independently to achieve goals
- You have excellent communication skills
- You must be keen to share your skills with the next generation and build sustainable relationships with employees and employers
- You will have a passion for pastoral care and preferably be a qualified assessor and willing to work towards your NZ Certificate in Adult Education Level 5
- You will be able to work with potential employers to attract and train apprentices/learners.
- A background in vocational training is a bonus for this role, but not essential. More important is your passion for training the future generations in this exciting industry.
At MAST, we embrace diversity and take well-being and safety of our people seriously. We support the Ocean Cleanup Initiative with one paid community volunteering day a year. MAST has a culture of trust and supports a work/life balance.
If you are looking for a career change and want to work for an organisation that is growing Apply today!
To apply use the Apply button. For any further queries or questions you may have on the role, please contact Joe Daw or Chris van der Hor on 09 360 0056.