Belaire Ferries - Deckhand
Belaire Ferries has been in the business of successfully moving people across the Waitemata Harbour to where they need to be for over 15 years. Based out of West Harbour Marina, operating a fleet of passenger catamarans, they have become a key part of the community and place people first in every aspect of their business. This fundamental principle is core to their success to date.
This is a rare opportunity to become a full-time member of the marine team as a Deckhand who will keep people moving. We are also interested in
hearing from people who are interested in part-time positions.
While not the biggest, the business is very proud to hold best customer satisfaction score for the Auckland ferry network. As a key part of the public
transport network, they operate predominately Monday through Friday with occasional rostered weekend work to service Rakino Island.
The marine team reports to the Operations Manager and while aboard your vessel the duty Deckhand(s) take instructions from the Skipper. You will need to ensure that your vessel is always presented to the highest standard for those travelling onboard.
Working through the induction process, you will quickly become competent across the fleet while learning what makes our client different.
You will need to be able to demonstrate a natural ability to:
· Provide the highest level of customer service
· Champion passenger comfort and safety onboard
· Lead by example
· Adhere to company policy and procedures and maintain digital records
To be successful in being short listed you will need:
· Previous experience with working on the water would be an advantage
· Current workplace First Aid certificate would be an advantage
· Physically fit and able to stand for long periods of time
· Flexible positive attitude
Professional development is at the heart of what the company does, and it is expected that regardless of position, everybody plays their part in the education and training process.
Hours of work
· Rotating roster Monday through Friday with the occasional Sunday work
· Shifts times vary throughout the day, but fall between 06.00 and 19.30 each day with a later finish on Friday nights
· Paid professional development on approved courses
· Free vaccinations and paid time while receiving them
· Opportunity to work out on the water and gain commercial maritime qualifications
· Job security and stability – with the business operating at all alert levels
· Staffroom freezer is always full of ice creams for you to take your pick
If you have “The Essentials” and want to know more, please follow the link to apply
An offer of employment for this position will be subject to successfully completing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and reference checks.
Only those currently in New Zealand with the right to work will be considered.
Manaaki Marine is an independent company providing support Recruitment Services to the Marine & Maritime Industry. For more information on Manaaki Marine and other opportunities please visit www.manaakimarine.co.nz
WHIRIA TE TANGATA
WEAVE THE PEOPLE TOGETHER
Follow Manaaki Marine on your preferred social media platform to be the first to hear about new opportunities that we are promoting.