Come and join New Zealand’s largest and leading new boat dealership!
We are currently seeking a full-time experienced Marine Technician to join our team. Experience in mechanics is essential with marine experience preferred, but we would also consider other mechanical backgrounds i.e. motorcycles. A positive and forward-thinking attitude is a must and product-specific training will be provided to the right candidate.
With 30 years in the marine industry and backed by some of the most reputable brands including Yamaha, Buccaneer and Southern Boats, endless opportunities to further your skills amongst a supportive team exist and a competitive remuneration is available for the right candidate.
About the Role
- General servicing, preventative maintenance and repair of jetskis/PWCs and boats
- Expert diagnosis, repair and prevention of mechanical and electrical issues
- Predelivery mechanical checks and testing of new packages
- Installation of engines and systems where necessary to assist rigging team
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to write accurate reports for all work completed
- Working in conjunction with other teams/contractors to effectively manage the timely delivery of new and used jetskis/boats
- Assisting in demonstration/sea tests where necessary
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and safe working environment including meeting and exceeding Health and Safety requirements
- Being flexible to complete other tasks as required by Workshop/Management
- 5+ years experience in mechanics
- A can do attitude and pride in your work
- A friendly, team-orientated attitude and a sense of humour
- A clean NZ drivers license
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.