Our client has been in the business of successfully moving people across
the Waitemata Harbour to where they need to be for over 15 years. Based out of West Harbour Marina, operating a fleet of passenger catamarans, they have
become a key part of the community and place people first in every aspect of
their business. This is a core fundamental to their success to date.
This is a rare opportunity to become a full-time member of the marine
team as a Skipper who will keep people moving and motivate the crew they work alongside with.
While not the biggest, the business is very proud to hold best customer
satisfaction score for the Auckland ferry network. As a key part of the public
transport network, they operate predominately Monday through Friday with
occasional rostered weekend work to service Rakino Island.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will need to ensure that your
vessel is well operated, maintained, and presented to the highest standard for
those travelling onboard.
Working through the induction process, you will quickly become competent
across operating all the vessels within the fleet.
You will need to be able to demonstrate a natural ability to:
· Lead by example for those within your team
· Champion both crew and passenger safety onboard
· Collaborate with other skippers in providing crew training and development
· Adhere to company policy and procedures and maintain digital records
To be successful in being short listed you will need:
· Current Maritime New Zealand Skipper Restricted Limit (SRL) qualification with endorsements for vessels up to 24m, Passenger and High Speed. “Ring Fenced” or Australian equivalent qualifications are also
· Current MNZ maritime medical
· Current workplace First Aid Certificate
· MEC5 is highly advantageous
· Practical understanding of the Maritime Operator Safety System (MOSS)
· Flexible positive attitude
Professional development is at the heart of what the company does, and
it is expected that regardless of position, everybody plays their part in the education and training process.
· Paid professional development on approved courses
· Free vaccinations and paid time while receiving them
· Job security and stability – with the business operating at all alert levels
· Staffroom freezer is always full of ice creams for you to take your pick
**If you have “The Essentials” and want to know more, please follow the link to apply**
An offer of employment for this position will be subject to successfully
completing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, proof of your COVID-19
vaccination status and reference checks.
Only those currently in New Zealand with the right to work will be considered.
Manaaki Marine is an independent company providing support services to
the commercial marine sector. For more information on Manaaki Marine and other opportunities please visit www.manaakimarine.co.nz
WHIRIA TE TANGATA
WEAVE THE PEOPLE TOGETHER