Passenger Ferry Skipper
Based in Mapua, Nelson, one the most idyllic locations in New Zealand. Our client has a dynamic business with ambitious plans for national growth, which are well underway.
They pride themselves on what they are known best for, “Great Service”, “Great Equipment”, “Great Memories”. This unique team are looking for one full time and one part time suitably qualified skipper to be a part of their future success as NZ tourism opens to the world again.
Reporting directly to the General Manager you will need to ensure that your vessel is well operated, maintained and presented to the highest standard for those travelling onboard. You will need to be able to demonstrate a natural ability to:
· Provide outstanding customer service looking after a diverse range of people from all over the world
· Collaborate with other team members in providing exceptional experiences
· Adhere to company policy and procedures and maintain digital records
· Assist across the retail side of the business during the quieter winter months
· Work within a small roster and cover a 7 day a week roster
To be successful in being short listed you will need:
· Current Maritime New Zealand Skipper Restricted Limit (SRL) with a Passenger endorsement or “Ring Fenced” legacy ticket. Australian equivalent qualifications are also considered.
· Current MNZ maritime medical
· Current workplace First Aid Certificate
· Practical understanding of the Maritime Operator Safety System (MOSS)
· Flexible positive attitude with a hands-on approach to helping across the business.
· Physically fit to assist with loading of mountain bikes onto the ferry.
If you hold a full drivers license with a Passenger “P” endorsement this would also be highly advantageous but not essential. We are keen to work with you if there is interest in obtaining one.
· The vessel predominately operates during daylight hours
· Access to the best beaches and mountain bike trails on the area.
If you have “The Essentials” and want to know more, please follow the link to apply
An offer of employment for this position will be subject to successfully completing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and reference checks.
This role is currently vacant, so if interested, please do not hesitate to apply. Only those currently in New Zealand with the right to work will be considered.
Manaaki Marine is an independent company providing support services to the commercial marine sector. For more information on Manaaki Marine and other opportunities please visit www.manaakimarine.co.nz
WHIRIA TE TANGATA
WEAVE THE PEOPLE TOGETHER